24 Sep 2014
September 24, 2014
Following the holding of its 84th Executive Council, the WFSW organized a seminar on Science and Education.
Several sub-themes were discussed :
- critical thinking and autonomy ;
- education or training ?;
- instead of “hard” sciences and nature in education ;
- appetite for these disciplines ;
- dissemination and sharing of knowledge in all social circles throughout life.
Speeches(Mostly in French) can be heard on the links below :
- Introduction by Mr. Jean-Paul Laine, President of the WFSW
- Speaking of Madame Isabelle Mecquenem, Philosophy Professor at the Higher School of the Teaching and Education of Reims.
- Speaking of Mr Jean-Pierre Kahane, Mathematician, member of the Academy of Sciences in France.
- Speech by Mr. Oumar Dia, Lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Dakar, Senegal.
- Speech by by Mr. Frederico Carvalho, Researcher in Physics retired in Lisbon in Portugal, Vice President of the Executive Council of the WFSW.
- Speech by Mr Vyacheslav Vdovin, Professor of Physics at Nizhny Novgorod in Russia, Vice-President of the WFSW (English).